"for love to come to you, it must come through you..."

Monday, March 19, 2012

I MISS...



I MISS…

I miss t-ball games, puzzles to work,
Long walks, and visits to the park.
I miss helping with baths in a tub full of toys,
After playing outside until dark.

I miss self-constructed lemonade stands,
And a house filled with friends to the brim.
I miss long summer days with nothing to do,
But watching the kids play and swim.

Others always said those years would fly by,
Although in the middle, it’s impossible to see,
I was always busy taking care of so much,
And doctoring at least one skinned knee!

When I look at photos of days gone by,
I remember many blessings of my past,
I wish I could walk backwards, revisit a few,
And make a few moments last.

I can’t read those books to those same little ears,
I can’t see the smiles on each face,
I know that those years will never return,
But sweet memories they cannot erase.

So cherish each moment, know they are few,
Don’t get bogged down with each chore,
For time will pass by and babies grow up,
Before you blink, they walk out the door.

For Mason,
the best son and dad anyone could ever have
12/11
Love, Mom
Roberta Pledge
3/19/12

No comments:

Post a Comment