"for love to come to you, it must come through you..."

Friday, March 9, 2012

BALANCING BROOMS!

·    Balancing brooms…haven’t you recently seen pictures of these all over Facebook?   I finally had to try it myself.  Having no luck at all I concluded that these people balancing their brooms must not be sweeping with them. My well-worn brooms simply did not have this talent!
   The object, obviously, is to balance the broom on its’ center and it will stand on its’ own for an undetermined length of time.  One person commented that theirs was even still standing the next morning!  In thinking about this, I realized that the same is true of me.  When I am standing on my center, which is Christ, I can always stand straight and firm, but when I get off-center, I always fall.  If, like my brooms, sin has worn me down, I may not be able to find that center and stand. 
Paul compares us to a building built on a solid foundation with Jesus being the most important stone (Eph. 2:20).  Without that Stone as the center of our lives, we will surely fall!  Stand daily thankful for a loving God who constantly holds you up when you make Him the true Center of you life. 
Roberta Pledge
3/9/12

2 comments:

  1. I love the connection you found with this activity so many people are attempting. I will now think of myself as a broom and constantly try to focus on my center( God)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I can remember so many times I have fallen bc Christ wasn't my center.

      Delete