"for love to come to you, it must come through you..."

Thursday, August 28, 2014

God's "Immeasurably More"


I delight in finding God's "immeasurably more."  Though it is easy to let these occasions slip through the cracks as coincidence, there are events that come to memory that are simply more than I could ever ask for or imagine.  "With Gods power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20, NCV), speaks volumes about how God works in and through lives.  

Though God's "immeasurably more" occasionally comes unannounced, it is often a result of me doing my part to make things happen.  Instead of accepting a "no" answer, I push further.  Instead of stepping out of the way, I insist God's way is better.  Instead of walking the path of least resistance, I trudge forward through a path that will be met with opposition.  Sometimes to receive God's "immeasurably more," I must do "more" myself. 

When "God's will" meets "my faith" the train starts rolling.  When I allow my actions to move past what I actually think is logical, into the realms of possible and point others in God's direction, "immeasurably more" may be seen in the distance.  When I  take a chance and say or do something beyond my comfort level, press further than I  would normally go for the good of others, according to God's will, the final results can be an "immeasurably more" event. 

Never forget that you are God's earthly hands, feet, eyes, ears, and mouths.  Reach out, step out, speak up, move past your comfort level, and let God use your actions for His blessings.

 

Roberta Pledge

8/28/14

No comments:

Post a Comment